I mentioned Lola in a previous post. Well I took her to Ms. Jo's (Andy's grandmother) house, and she got her hooked all up and running for me. So I was on a sewing rampage for a few days. I strolled down the fabric isle at Wal-Mart just to see if they possibly had anything cute and low and behold there were bazillions of cute kits on clearance so I got 2 purse kits, 3 apron kits, 4 stuffed animal kits, a superman cape kit, and a bib kit along with a few patterns and fabric. I was so excited!! I got all of the above mentioned goodies for about $20 so you can't beat that, right? I decided to be brave, and I picked one of the purses to make for my FIRST EVER sewing project. I did great until my bobbin ran out of thread (of course Ms. Jo threaded it the first time so I wasn't even sure how to do it).
I got out my user manual to see how Lola went about threading the bobbin. I followed each direction carefully, but when I finished threading it the bobbin was not very neat looking so I could foresee problems in my future. Well I went ahead and installed the bobbin and went on about my sewing business when what would appear but a ragedy seam (and 8 tiny reindeer)! :) I stopped immediately and ripped out the seam. I read the manual and saw where it said my tension on the bobbin was too loose so I thought I had solved my first sewing problem. Well to make a long story short that was not the problem at all. I was just not installed the thread quite right. I took old Lola back to Ms. Jo's, and she saw right away what I was doing wrong. She fixed me all up, and I went right back to working on my purse. A week later after solving my sewing problems.....VIOLA....here is my very cute reversible hobo tote! Pretty good for a first timer don't ya think?
1 comment:
SUPER cute, jess!!! i'm so proud of you!!! i HATED the way i had to install the bobbin and raise the bobbin thread on my old singer... i'm so glad you have someone to help show you the right way to do it! you'll be sewing up a storm!! :)
Post a Comment