Our weekend was hectic to say the least. Andy woke up Saturday morning to take the suburban aka Betty White to his work to clean it and vacuum it in preparation for our beach trip this week. He came home, and she looked like new...sparkly and clean. We had a wedding to go to that evening so as usual, we are running out the door and late as usual. We are headed down highway 7 toward Oxford when Betty starts getting a little shaky, and before we can pull over to see what was wrong....BOOM...we look out the window and see things flying down the road and the side mirror is just haning by wires. Keep in mind that the only thing running through my mind (after I realize we are safe) is how are we going to get to Destin?!? I start panicking as any good wife would do, and Andy quickly brings me back to reality and calms me. I am scared to get out and look at Betty's damage at this point because all I was thinking about were the sounds I heard and the debris flying down the highway. I get out after counting to 10 and calming myself and see that it's not as bad as it sounded and felt. The tire didn't blow out. The outer layer of it somehow came off and hit the side of the truck knocking off the mirror and scuffing it up. I am so thankful was driving, and that we didn't have a wreck as a result. God was watching over us as usual. Notice the duc tape job we did to hold the mirror remnants on. After new shoes for Betty and a new side mir






posted from Bloggeroid
No comments:
Post a Comment