Brotherly love

Brotherly love
Lawson and Liam

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Got Faith?

He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.   Matthew 8:26

I felt it very necessary for me to include the above verse in this post as God showed us in a very real way 1 week ago today that we should always have faith that HE will get us through every situation and to never be afraid.  The southearn portion of Lafayette county (which is where we live) experienced something that has never (to my knowledge) happened here...a F3 tornado hit leaving in it's path horrible destruction.  Our home was spared, and we are very blessed to still have a roof over our heads.  The tornado hit on nearly every side of our home within about a 1/2 to 1 mile radius.  Andy and I were both working, and I was in the hallway at work when everything was happening.  The weather reports kept mentioning south Lafayette, CR 369, and the 7/9 intersection which just about pinpoints our house.  My boys were at home with their granny who only lives about 3 miles from our house so I was more scared than I have ever been in my entire life because I was so worried about my babies knowing that the tornado was heading toward them.  God kept telling me to calm down, and He gave me a sense of peace that I will never understand...but only after some serious praying.  God reminded me that day that He is always in control, and He will never foresake His children.  I have never in my short 26 years of life had a tornado hit so close to home so I have been eerily changed, but most of all I have been reminded that God takes care of His children when they seek Him first.  Fortunately Lafayette county did not have any fatalities, but other parts of MS and AL were not so lucky.  I am praying for these families that have lost homes and loved ones daily, and I know that my God will reveal himself to them and show them just as He showed me that He loves unconditionally and will never foresake you.  Below are pictures from our community that was hit hardest. 



No comments: